Monday, July 16, 2012

Swatch and Review: China Glaze On Safari Collection


The first collection of the fall is here and it's China Glaze On Safari!



Adventure Red-y is a brick red creme with a beautiful sheen to it. It's not too bright and not too dark, but still has a rich quality to it.


Call of the Wild is a chocolate brown creme polish that reminds me of a melted Hershey bar!


Desert Sun is a muted orange creme polish that looked a lot more brown in the bottle. Very apricot.


Elephant Walk is a steel gray nail polish with subtle silver shimmer. It was apparent indoors, so it will be a stunner outside. It definitely looks like an elephant's ear!


 Exotic Encounters is a darkened teal creme that is different from the other teals that I own.


I Herd That is a glittery nail polish filled with red, gold, and orange glitter. The above is with two coats and is pretty opaque.


I Herd That SPARKLE SHOT!


I'm Not Lion is a glitter polish with gold, silver, and holo in it. This has a fantastic sparkle to it...


See? I'm Not Lion! You see what I did there? Hehe.


Next up is Jungle Queen, a dusty purple with violet shimmer. From what I have heard, this is a Chanel Paradoxal dupe. And I'm not complaining that there is a cheaper, equal-quality, and readily-available dupe.


Kalahari Kiss is a yellow-beige creme polish I did not think would look good on me. But it didn't yellow out my skin as much as I thought.


Man Hunt is a GORGEOUS royal blue creme polish. It was rich and lustrous... and wasn't horrendous to remove either!


Prey Tell is a vampy blackened red jelly. The application on this was kind of a pain because it stained any skin it so much as touched. That's why some of my swatches have a little staining on the cuticles... not sure this one is worth the hassle unfortunately. Though, I do love the color itself.


And last, but not least, is Purr-fect Plum, a dark raspberry creme. This seems like a darker version of last Fall's Traffic Jam. I still like it a lot though.

There were some formula issues with this collection. It was very watery, which made it necessary to work quickly. The only one that was a horror story was Prey Tell because it stained and pooled.

Overall, I can definitely see myself wearing at least half of this collection regularly. Jungle Queen was GORGEOUS, as was Man Hunt. I think those are my two faves.

The China Glaze On Safari collection is available at fine salons and beauty supply stores nationwide now!

China Glaze is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde. China Glaze nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, visit: www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Facebook and Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChinaGlaze
Until tomorrow!
Princess Polish

1 comment: